How to keep up with your routine during the summer
Happy month of July!
Yes, yes, I know July started 5 days ago... I'm a little bit behind... The kids are at home, there is no rush in the morning for school, vacation vibes are in the air, the day starts and ends up late!
Do you feel the same?
Do you feel like it is more challenging to keep up a routine in the summer?
When I think of summer, this is what I want to do - float like a hot noodle in an endless sea...
This is a great image, but unfortunately there is some small stuff that needs my attention also during the summer!
It is my BODY!
Although it is summer, and I'd love to sleep late everyday, I'd love to eat out every night, and I'd love to rest more, my BODY won't love it as much.
My body doesn't care that school is out and that I'm not exactly feeling too active.
Our bodies need routine.
Most of the time.
Of course you can let loose and get a proper vacation, enjoy a good meal and rest more. But it is important to stay active and try not to deviate from your daily routine too much.
What does it mean?
Well, here are some tips to help maintain a fresh routine during the summer so when summer is over, you won't feel like you need to start from scratch again:
1. Get up at the same time you are used to getting up (
more or less) - allow yourself free and quiet time to set some intention to your day,
plan it out, get all the chores done, so you can have a great start of your day.
2. Drink something before your coffee - water with lemon - this is good for the digestive system and strengthens the immune system and for hydration, such as water or herbal tea.
3. Keep moving - keep on moving with yoga, Pilates, stretching or whatever you like. Beyond the known benefits and the positive effect on the body and physiological systems, movement also calms and relaxes
the mind and helps us get through the day with peace.
4. Intentions - It is important to direct ourselves to the day that awaits us, to think or really imagine what feelings and energy we would like to bring into our day and take with us. I start every morning with a list of things I'd like to accomplish today and with some positive affirmation.
5. Play some music - this is an excellent way that is also scientifically proven to improve mood and release. Do you have a favorite song you like to get up with? Let me know by commenting below!
6. Plan ahead - now you can sit and plan the day, detail tasks and divide them by categories and priorities, try to put them into schedules and go out for a new and cool day!
I hope these tips were helpful and useful. I'd love to hear your feedback! My classes are still running in July when possible, so you are most welcome to join a class before we take a break or after the summer! Go ahead and ask me when! I wish you a wonderful, active, relaxed and happy summer!